Do you have a website and is your website seo friendly? If you have a website then it should be seo friendly only then it will be ranked on the first page of google. A good way to do this is by doing a SEO audit. In this article, we’ll discuss why and how to do seo audit for your website.
1.What is a seo audit?
A SEO audit is the process of evaluating a website for areas that can be improved to increase its search engine visibility and organic search traffic. It involves a technical review of the website and its architecture, as well as an evaluation of the website’s content and on-page SEO.
2.Why do an seo audit?
There are many reasons to conduct a SEO audit. Perhaps you have noticed a decline in your website’s organic search traffic and you want to identify the root cause. Or maybe you are planning to redesign your website and you want to make sure that you are taking into account the best SEO practices.
Regardless of your reasons, a SEO audit can help you identify and fix any issues that are preventing your website from ranking well in search engines.
3. Why seo audit is important?
SEO audit is important because you can identify and fix any seo issues that are causing your website to rank poorly. This can help you improve your website’s ranking in search engines, which can bring more traffic to your site.
Additionally, it can help you identify any opportunities to improve your website’s seo. For example, you may find that you need to add more keywords to your site or improve your link building strategy.
Overall, a seo audit can help you improve your website’s seo and ultimately increase your website’s traffic and revenue.
4.How to seo audit website?
When doing a SEO audit for a website, there are several main steps that should be taken in order to get the most comprehensive analysis.
First, start by gathering all the data that you need. This can include information on your website, keyword research, your competitors, and the current search engine landscape.
Next, analyze your website’s technical SEO. This includes looking at things like your site’s architecture, how well it’s indexed, and any crawl errors.
After that, audit your on-page SEO. This includes looking at your title tags, meta descriptions, h1 tags, and the overall content of your site.
Then, analyze your website’s backlinks. This includes looking at the quality and quantity of links, as well as the anchor text used. Finally, evaluate your site’s performance and make recommendations for improvement.
5.Website seo audit checklist
Here, I am giving you a website seo audit checklist for your website. So that you can do a website seo audit free.
Technical seo audit checklist :-
- Find & Fix crawler errors
- Find & Fix indexing errors
- Check page speed
- URL Inspection
- Check Redirection
- Check website is responsive or mobile friendly
- Remove broken links (404 Errors)
On-Page seo audit checklist :-
- Do you have Google Search Console tracking set up?
- Do you have Google Analytics tracking set up?
- Can you add robots.txt file?
- Can you generate & submit a sitemap.xml file in Google Search Console?
- Does your website have an SSL certificate installed?
- Does your page load in less than 3 seconds?
- Is your page crawlable & indexable?
- Is your primary keyword in the title?
- Is your title click worthy?
- Can you add modifiers to your title?
- Is your page title wrapped in an H1 tag?
- Is your primary keyword in the meta description?
- Is your meta description click worthy?
- Is your primary keyword in the URL?
- Is your URL structure lean?
- Is your primary keyword in the first sentence?
- Is your keyword density too aggressive relative to your competitors?
- Have you added variations of your primary keyword into the content?
- Have you added synonyms (LSI keywords) of your primary keyword into the content?
- Have you used keyword variations, LSIs, or synonyms in your headings?
- Do you check duplicate content?
- Are your images high-quality?
- Are you using the right image format?
- Are your images sized appropriately?
- Are your images compressed?
- Do all of your images have descriptive and accurate tag descriptions?
- Does your page have video content?
- Are the videos relevant to page/primary keyword?
- Are the videos unique to your brand?
- Are the videos high-quality and valuable?
- Are the videos content responsive?
- Are the videos hosted on the right platform?
- Are the videos optimized?
- Does your page have internal links?
- Are your internal links using descriptive anchor text?
- Are your internal links optimized based on first link priority?
- Does the page have breadcrumbs?
- Are your internal links useful?
- Are all your internal links using preferred URLs?
- Does your page have external links?
- Are all affiliate, sponsored, or paid links using a “Nofollow” tag?
- Do all your external links set to open in a new window?
- Does your page have broken links?
- Is your address using structured data?
- Is your page using structured data?
- Is the structured data set up correctly?
- Does your page have the appropriate disclaimers?
- Does the page have a clear call-to-action (CTA)?
- Is the page shareable? (Social Sharing Buttons)
- Is your font type legible and easy to read on all devices?
- Is your font size large enough to easily read on all devices?
- Is your page responsive and mobile friendly?
- Is the website design modern and updated?
Off Page seo audit checklist :-
- Blog Commenting
- Guest Posting
- Article Submission
- Profile Creation
- Social Bookmarking Submission
- Web 2.0
- Classified Submission
- Press Release
- Directory Submission
- Image Submission
- Local SEO
6. Which are the best free seo audit tools?
There are many different website SEO audit tools available, and the right one for your business depends on your needs. Here are some of the most popular seo audit tools:
Google Search Console: This tool provides information about your website’s visibility on Google search results pages. It also helps you identify and troubleshoot issues that may be affecting your website’s ranking.
SEOProfiler: This tool offers a wide range of features, including keyword research, link analysis, and competitor tracking. This tool also provides free trial to test.
Moz: Moz tool provides a wide range of features, including website audits, keyword research, and competitor tracking. This tool also provides a free trial to test.
Google Analytics: This tool provides data about your website’s traffic, including information about where your visitors are coming from, what they’re doing on your website, and how long they stay on your pages.
By doing a SEO audit, you can ensure that your website is as search engine friendly as possible. This will help you to get more visitors to your website, and ultimately, increase your traffic and sales.